In such a decentralized and transient organization, this wiki is the central resource to help us run the Bike Kitchen. If you see something wrong or missing, please take the initiative and fix it. Wikis only work if you keep the content updated.
Looking For Something?
The best ways to find information on this wiki are:
- Look in the The Bike Kitchen Handbook
- Search (in the left sidebar)
- Opening / Closing Checklist for Mechanics and Staff
- How To Be A Greeter!
- Volunteer Task List
- Youth in the shop
- Parts Prices, which reproduces the prices shown back in the Wild West. Handy for greeters!
- Parts Culling Guide What we do and dont need.
- Shop Forms and Documents
- Building information All we know about the property, parking and the street
- Contact Information for services like metal recycling, business/volunteer cards, rag service...
- File Upload Instructions for this wiki
- Guide to Stripping Bikes
- Bike Hardcases to Borrow
- Administrative Clusters
- The Board
- Staff Meeting Minutes
- Non-Profit and Tax ID info
- PR and Fundraising
Outdated / Unmaintained
- Staff Schedule
- Who's who at the BK
- Parts Locations Where to find everything.
- On-the-Road Events and Fix-A-Thons
- BK Talks Notes from talks on bike- or biking-related things that our mechanics have given